Re: XFree86 4.0.1

Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> XFree86 4.0.1 is out now, as many of you are aware, I'm sure. I emailed
> Branden Robinson, the X maintainer, a week or two ago, and have yet to
> receive any responses or anything. Can anyone tell me what's going on with
> regards to packaging XFree86 4.0.1? Like, does Branden know about this,
> and have it on his agenda? I'd feel much more comfortable knowing that
> he's working on fixing up XFree86 3.3.6 for potato or something, than to
> be completely in the dark!

FWIW, I was talking with Branden on IRC as he was working on 4.0.1 today.
He has a monumental task ahead of him, if he is to do the job correctly.
And he is determined to do it in just that fashion.

He also asked that anyone present please respond to these questions on the
lists, as he is far too busy to keep up with the volume of said lists atm.
(And I am now doing so :)

Regards,
Steve