Re: truetype XF4.0x

Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2000 08:31 schrieb Michael Meding:
> Hi list,
>
> I was trying to get my ttf fonts working on my woody box. For this to
> function, I copied all my ttfs into a newly made directory "TrueType" in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts and did a ttmkfdir -o fonts.dir there. In addition
> I supplied my XF86Config with a FontPath "..." to this directory.
>
> No, X won't come up with a "can't find defualt font fixed".
>
> What did I do wrong ?
>
> TIA
>
> Greetings
>
> Michael Meding
Hi,

replying to my own post, I found out that while supplying in XF86Config only
the FontPath for Truetype does not work solely one has to spupply all the
other font dirs as well.

So conclusion ist that once you start supplying just one line, the compiled
in path do not longer seem to work. Is this a bug or a feature ?

And also, is there in the default XF86Config-4 any use of xfs ? Is it useful
by any chance ? At all ?

Greetings

Michael