Re: Where is libGL hiding?

Alexander Ehlert wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Alexander Ehlert wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi I'm trying to get 3D running with my Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro,
> > > I think 3D is supported on this card, anyway Suse offers some sort of
> > > driver for XF4.0.. Anyway, where can I find Xfree 4.0's standard libGL
> > > library, is there any package?
> >
> > The content search at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages reveals
> > xlibmesa3 containins libGL.so.1.2, is that what you're looking for?
>
> No it's not, because xlibmesa is the doing software rendering. I'm looking
> for the libGL which supports the DRI driven cards.

Are you sure? The OpenGL implementation included with XFree86 is Mesa. It's
used both for software rendering and DRI. It will load gamma_dri.so which is
in xserver-xfree86 (Branden, why is this still not properly encapsulated?).

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project