[blade@debian.org: Problem on installation of xfs]

Sounds like he's not using 4.0.1-11 or later.

----- Forwarded message from Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org> -----

From: Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
To: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Subject: Problem on installation of xfs
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:02:40 +0100

Hello,

I get a problem while dist-upgrading to the latest unstable. When the
new xfs version is installed, but still not configured (i.e. the init
script is not replaced) and the system is beeing rebooted in the
meantime, it will hang while booting! The reason is the new behaviour of
xfs, which doesn't fork by default and the old script doesn't send it in
the background. Since dpkg replaces old file on installation, but init
scripts, I suggest to install the new xfs binary with an other filename,
then create a symlink to .../bin/xfs while the configuration.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <eb@zombie.inka.de>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04  5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux               |     more legs and no brain.