Re: dpkg having serious trouble trying to upgrade xlibs

Hello, all-

I've had similar but sporadic dependency problems with the new X debs.
apt-get hasn't been too successful in resolving things properly, even when
the dependencies indicate a solution.  My guess is that the complexity of
X dependencies is really pushing apt-get, and apt-get -f is no help.  But
I'm no packaging expert....

If apt-get remove doesn't work right, due to what looks to be some sort
of race condition while thinking too much, try dpkg -r instead.  You
should then be able to continue with apt-get install or update.  Lastly,
apt-get install the temporarily removed package once xlibs et al. have
been completely setup.

At least, that's what worked for me.

-Dave Barnett