Re: [ch@zpr.uni-koeln.de: problems with keyboard and 4.0.1-11]

Christian Hagemeier wrote:

> > > Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
> >
> > Have you tried "XkbLayout" "de_DE"?
>
> Yes.
> Even if I comment out all "Option" lines above I get the same error
> message!

I guess if you disable Xkb altogether, it doesn't work either?

> symbols:
> am         ee  hu_US        inet  lt_std
> ro  tr      vn
> az         gr  il           lt    macintosh
> si  ua      xfree68
> cs_qwerty  hp  il_phonetic  lt_p  mk
> sr  us_group3
>
> Should there be more than that? If yes: Where do I get them?

I have a lot more here installed (SuSE 6.4, box at work ;) as well as in a
recent CVS tree.

What does 'dpkg -S /usr/lib/X11/xkb' give? Maybe you missed a package during
the manual upgrade, otherwise I wonder why the others are missing.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project