[bdarrow@optonline.net: interesting problems]

----- Forwarded message from Bill Darrow <bdarrow@optonline.net> -----

From: Bill Darrow <bdarrow@optonline.net>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: interesting problems
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:09:02 -0500

Good afternoon.  I've spent most of my day working at this interesting
problem I am having.  I upgraded earlier today only to notice that xf4
was replacing xf3.3.6.  I had found bad experiences with this software
before and chose to continue use of 3.3.6.  I notified others of my
problem and recieved information about installing the old xserver while
basically still using the new base.  This idea seems brilliant except
for the fact that I was alarmed when I found that xserver-mach64 no
longer exists.  I can't grab one from an old dist as the dependencies
are fucked up from those ones.  Also, once I felt cornered, I tried
using xf4, but it couldn't get a screen to work.  None of the
combinations seemed to work, I tried forever and it just kept spitting
out that 'no screens found' after it found none of them to be useable.
Now, I can't go back to the old xserver or use the new one.  I do not
have money to seek professional help in this situation and I do not have
enough money to buy a different video card.  I use this machine for work
and it is all I have.  Please see if you can help, I wasted an entire
day with no pay now trying to upgrade and running into perl and x
problems now.  I can't afford another day like this one.  Please, any
help is greatly appreciated.  You are my last resort.

Time is precious,
Bill Darrow

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    "Why do we have to hide from the police,
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Daddy?"