Re: [jdfool@Club-internet.fr: Upgrading to Xfree 4.01]

Emmanuel,

Please do NOT bug Branden with mails about the X packages.  Send questions
to the mailing list.

Did you try upgrading with the XFree86 4.0.1 packages from woody?  These
will definitely pose problems on a potato system.  Try adding the following
lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list and then upgrade your X:

deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf401_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf401_potato/all/

These are Branden's 4.0.1 packages that have been rebuilt on a potato
system.  They install with little or no problems on my potato boxen.

--
charl p. botha      | computer graphics and cad/cam
http://cpbotha.net/ | http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/