Re: xserver-xfree8 4.0.1-8 on powerpc

* Frederic Seraphine <Frederic.Seraphine@inrialpes.fr> [001205 14:13]:
> The new version of the XFree86 server using the fb driver work better
> than one month ago, the screen is no more wrapped around but it still
> present some annoying glitch: the color of the whole display is wrong,
> it has a general pink hue.

Frederic, I would guess your gamma control is off. My i386 X 4.0.1 comes
with an xgamma(1) command in package xbase-clients. Does yours have
this? What happens when you poke things into it?

Or, perhaps your monitor has temperature control, and it got reset at
some point. See if you can change your temperature from around 5500K to
9500K or so. (That should be slightly blue-tinted, though if it works,
it will look *VERY* blue. :)

HTH

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''