[szekeres@cyberspace.mht.bme.hu: Problem with XFree86 4.0.1 problem :-)]

----- Forwarded message from Szekeres Istvan <szekeres@cyberspace.mht.bme.hu> -----

From: Szekeres Istvan <szekeres@cyberspace.mht.bme.hu>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: Problem with XFree86 4.0.1 problem :-)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:48:29 +0100

Hi Branden,

First of all: thanks for the great job you do for Debian + XFree86.

I have two problems with 4.0.1 and I feel lost :-) I don't even know if:
- this is a bug for Debian
- this is a bug for XFree86
- this is a bug for me (i.e. I shouldn't use 4.0.1 if I'm so
unexperienced...)

I also don't know where to post my problem.

I tried several search engines to find a solution: no success.

The problem is:

1. Some pixmaps are _very_ dark, their content can be hardly recognised. But
sometimes they are ok (e.g. in netscape, when I scroll the page with the
scrollbar, they are ok, when I finish scrolling, they turn to dark).

2. When moving a window, the "frame" of the window leaves trashes behind on
the screen.

With 3.3.6 everything is working fine.

Can you at least suggest me something where to ask for help?

Thanks,

Istvan

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     The greatest productive force is human
Debian GNU/Linux               |     selfishness.