Xlib Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Hello.

After upgrade to X4 my X package xboing has troubles..I had to patch it to
use default colormap, because if it do not I get fatal error(s):

XBoing - Error: Xlib Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

What changes in xlib could affect xboing so much?

Thanks and please, Cc: me since I am not subscribed to debian-x.

PS if somebody want to reproduce errors himself, run current xboing as follows:
xboing -no-usedefcmap -sync -debug

--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia