100% loss 3D Speed

Hi.

(Sorry for my diction, but I´ll give my very best).

In case I´m on the wrong place here, I apologize, but I do not have a
idea, where else to ask.

I was very happy with the 4.0.1-5 Version, because I had horrendous
GL performance with this build and my Matrox G400. In comparsion with
the builds 6,7,8 there is perfomance loss of about 100%.
(I know, gears is not really a benchmarking program, but it works fine
for me.) ;)

Anyway I´d like to ask, where this difference comes from. I matters
for me, seeing the gears rotate with 850FPS, or with maximal 400FPS.
And I´d like to know, if it is possible to increase the speed
performance again? - Or am I only in luck with a ´broken´ package?
--
Regards, GR              | GnuPG-key avaible
Can't forget you, Muck.  | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'