xmms is crashing my XFree4.0.1...

Hello,

For some reason, my machine hangs solidly when I run xmms - I have a
TNT2-M64, and am using XFree4.0.1 from woody. (Not nvidia drivers, they
do not work at this point.)

What can it be that xmms does that hangs my system? Any tips as to what
else to test will be greatly appreciated.

Note: when running X straight "out-of-the-box" after running dexter, it
refuses to load, with a bunch of unresolved symbols, with references to
libGLcore and libdri (I think - if more exact info is needed, I'll
supply it). Is this a known problem? I got past this by commenting out
the commands in the "Module" section that loads "GLcore", "dri" and
"glx". Could this cause a problem? How do I get past this?

I feel I should get the nv driver working properly before trying
nvidia's drivers again. (With them, my machine's screen flashes a
couple of times, then hangs, with a blank screen. I did edit the
sources as instructed by the M64_README - or whatever it was called...)

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Hugo van der Merwe