Re: uncompatible window manager?

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Christian Hammers wrote:

> Hello
>
> When starting gnome it says that I dont´ have a compatible window
> manager although I'm using sawfish-gnome.
> Upon which does it make this decision? Or is sawfish-gnome really no
> GNOME compatible window manager?

I've had similar problems (using Helix-Gnome). Try moving the .gnome and
.sawfish -directories to something like .gnome-old etc (while not running
gnome!). Then try running gnome again and see what happens. Of course
you'll lose your configs, but you may try to move them later on one by
one...

Sometimes it impossible to get shortcuts defined in sawfish (=you have to
edit them manually, in console!), but that's a _bit_ off-topic here :-)

-----

SUGGESTION

It would be nice, if there was some sort of a changelog online that
one can check out before updating (now I mean the X-packages =), as the
kernel is having (like the one in ~testing/test11.log). But maybe that
would be one task too many for Branden, eh?-)