Re: No _Xsetlocale() in XFree86 4.0.1

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:02:19AM +0900, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:
> >> Hello,
>
> >> I'm using xfree86 4.0.1-3 from woody. Recently, I compiled an X program
> >> which uses X locale setting and the linker just complained the undefined
> >> referencing to "_Xsetlocale".
>
> >> $ gcc -DX_LOCALE xlctest.c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
>
>  Why do you use -DX_LOCALE ?

I happenned to compile a program in which #define X_LOCALE is hard-coded.
So, I created this simple program to deal with it.

>  Glibc2 has locale functions, so normaly libX11 compiled without
> `#define X_LOCALE' on glibc2 environmet. So, libX11 does not have
> _Xsetlocale of cause.
>
>  You don't need to use -DX_LOCALE with glibc2.

If so, that's good news for me.
However, I would like to make sure that everything will be the same,
including those setting ups for XIM stuffs, because I am gonna try to
activate Thai XIM which has been embeded in Xlib for so long.

Thanks,
-Theppitak.