module documentation

Is there documentation available which describes the various modules
that can be loaded into XFree 86, what they do, and what size they
are?  The version of dexter in the 4.0.1-3 debian package produces an
XF86Config file that loads all sorts of modules by default, and as a
result my X server consumes a lot of memory.  I was able to cut 2 or 3
Meg by omitted things that I know aren't relevant to me, but I don't
know about the rest.

If such documentation isn't available, maybe just comments in the
XF86Config file that dexter produces would be enough, so a user
could easily customize it.

Two modules in particular that I am wondering about are dbe and
record.  And is glx only helpful if your video card supports dri?

Dan