Re: XFree86 4.0.1 with Intel I810

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 11:06:15AM -0800, Seth Arnold wrote:

> Greetings Theppitak; I have two guesses to the source of your problem.
> The first possibility is the "vbe" module is not being loaded, but the
> i810 driver is trying to load something that deals with vbe. Try adding
> the following to your Module section:
>     Load "vbe"

That's fine. The error messages regarding vbe have gone. But new messages
ask for xf86InitInt10, xf86Int10AllocPages, xf86ExecX86int10,
xf86int10Addr, xf86Int10FreePages, and xf86InterpretEDID symbols.

What module(s) to add more?

> The second possibility is your kernel version has a different AGPGART
> interface than X expects. I currently run X4.0.1-1 on Linux 2.4.0-test10
> with good results. I have heard that recent versions of 2.2 (2.2.17 or
> so?) also work well. You need to compile AGP support into your kernel
> (either directly in, or as a module, I believe. I would suggest module
> to help keep the size of the kernel small), and your kernel needs to be
> recent enough. (Also ensure the /dev/agpgart file is a character file
> with reasonable permissions. :)

OK. Now I'm replying mail from rxvt on my X window. X is openned OK with
the agpgart.o module added, despite the unresolved symbols above. Thank you
for your suggestion.

-Theppitak.