Re: Backspace=delete: missing xkb file

* Andrew MacKinnon <andrew_pmk@hotmail.com> [001107 12:36]:
> On my computer, when you start X the backspace key produces delete. I have
> checked this with xev. I have noticed, upon starting X, an error message
> that /usr/lib/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp doesn't exist. I have recently
> installed a new version of X debian linux. Do you know what this file is
> and/or what it should be? It seems to be calling this file as a shell
> script.

If this is the case, then something is broke badly -- my machine doesn't
even have a /usr/lib/X11R6/ directory. That your machine wants something
there is very odd. (Now, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp would be
understandable, though I was under the impression that this directory
was supposed to have been moved to /etc/X11/xkb. Branden?)

Was your setup a migration from an earlier phase1- or phase2- package?
Or did it come from a direct upgrade from 3.3.X?

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''