Re: XFree86 4.0.1 doesn't detect Permedia2 chip

Quoting Seth Arnold (sarnold@willamette.edu):
> Michael, not having a Permedia card, I can't promise great results.
> However, I have an idea...
>
> * Michael Neuffer <neuffer@itserv-gmbh.com> [001107 00:31]:
> > (II) GLINT: driver for 3Dlabs chipsets: gamma, ti_pm2, ti_pm, pm3, pm2v,
> > 	pm2, pm, 300sx, 500tx, mx
> > (WW) GLINT: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
> > (EE) No devices detected.
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > no screens found
>
> Based on the WW line, I suggest adding a device section to you
> XF86Config-4 (or modifying the one you have) to say something similar to
> what mine says:
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "G400_0"
>         Driver      "mga"
>         VendorName  "Matrox"
>         BoardName   "MGA G400 AGP"
>         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Screen      0
> EndSection
>
> Note the "BusID" line. :)

I'll try that when I'm back home from work.

In the meantime I've disabled thre fb support in the kernel and that
seems to do the trick. Now I'm just missing the high resolution
in the console. It really helps when you are doing some kernel
programming/debugging.

Maybe with your suggestion I'll be able to get the best of both
worlds. We'll see tonight.

Thanks !

Mike