Re: XFree 4.0.1: Cannot import DISPLAY anymore !!!

>> Daniel Migowski <Mig-O@Mig-O.de> writes:

 > me@foo:$ xhost +
 >
 > me@bar: $ export DISPLAY=foo:0 me@bar: $
 > myxwindowexportingapplication
 >
 > At the moment, it doesn't work on my foo, if I want to export
 > displays from any bar.

 I guess this will become a FAQ rather quickly.

 There's a DoS with the X server listening to TCP connections.  The
 Debian packages use sources where the impact of this has been
 minimized.  In some people's opinion, having the X sever listen to TCP
 ports as default (DoS or not) is a bad idea, allegedly there could be
 other, more serious problems.  The Debian packages default to disabling
 listening on TCP ports.  Look in /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc or (sorry,
 the name escapes mei atm) /etc/X11/xdm/Xserver.  (which, BTW, is the
 wrong solution IMO, there are more applications calling the X server
 besides xdm or xinit.  At any rate, the place to fix this is
 /etc/X11/XF86Config*)

--
Marcelo