xinerama not working

*sigh*. I know it is lame to followup one's own email. It must be even
more lame to followup one's own email that one has already deleted, thus
breaking the threading mechanism of many mailers. Apologies.

Well, startx +xinerama would never work, because I am stupid.

I did an upgrade to phase2v29. The problem persisted. Once I remembered
that I am stupid, and typed "startx -- +xinerama", Xinerama works again.

Which still makes me wonder what happened to the loading of Xinerama
automatically that I have become so used to?

Here is the bits of my XF86Config-4 file that might affect the
situation:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Dual"
        Screen "Screen0" RightOf "Screen1"
        Screen "Screen1"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option "Xinerama"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Single"
        Screen "Screen0"
        InputDevice     "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice     "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

The XF86Config(5) manpage suggests that the first one found is the one
used -- has that changed?

Thanks all

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''