I am a stupid idiot for posting a FAQ, but...

...I'm going to do it anyway.

OK, I've been using the phase2 4.0.1 .debs since they came out, with
relatively few problems.  I like how easy Dexter made it to make a
config file, but I did notice that I seem to have lost a lot of my
fonts when I did so (I seem to lack scalable fonts, and I'd like
TrueType font support).

But that's not the FAQ (although if that problem could be solved, it'd
be nice).

The FAQ is this:

Based on a discussion in another list (debian-vote), I decided to try
out konquerer, to see if it would really work, as advertised, as a
viable alternative to Netscape Navigator.

The bright ones here will be saying "Oh gods, he's going to ask about
libGLU, isn't he?"

I know that true support for libGLU won't happen until it gets
integrated upstream, which is held up because libGLU is in C++, and the
rest of X is in C.  I know that Branden won't sully his X debs with
libGLU support until that's taken care of.  So I'm not going to ask for
that to be done.

I'm not even going to ask why KDE seems to require the use of libGLU.
Even if someone told me, it wouldn't make a difference.  I'd still have
the problem.

What I want to know is if anyone knows of a work-around until the
situation is fixed properly.  I suspect that this has been answered
before, but I can't seem to find it.

Sorry to ask this FAQ.  My only hope is that my style of asking it was
sufficiently entertaining and self-deprecating enough to allow me to
get away with it.

Later,
  Buddha

--
     Buddha Buck                             bmbuck@14850.com
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our