Re: nvidia kernel module and GLX

* Matthew Sackman <matthew@sackman.co.uk> [001029 13:31]:
> Duplicate symbol RivaEnterLeave in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nv_drv.o
> Also defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o

Matt, this is purely speculation; try moving nv_drv.o or nvidia_drv.o
to nv_drv.o.XFREE86 or nvidia_drv.o.XFREE86 -- whichever of the two was
supplied by XFree86. If that doesn't fix things, move it back, and move
the other one away to nv_drv.o.NVidia or nvidia_drv.o.NVidia. See what
that does.

If neither fixes your problem, then perhaps another post would be in
order, this time with much more details -- kernel version, platform,
your XF86Config{-4} file, whether or not putting "twm" into your
.xsession causes a window manager to start, etc.

(BTW -- this will show my ignorance in a real hurry -- should that be
"exec twm" or just "twm" in the .xsession? Rest of list? :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''