Re: How do you want non-i386 handled in dexter? (+ mouse types)

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 06:03:12PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 02:23:49PM -0600, Joshua Shagam wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 09:03:20AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > Obviously the server list in dexter needs to be different on non-i386,
> > > aswell as the generated keyboard lines (on sun there are two default
> > > possibilies, i386 and type5).
> > >
> > > How do you forsee this happening? There isn't a clean way right now,
> > > expect for outputting a complete list of servers for each arch (lots of
> > > duplication). I don't think it can be handled cleanly in shell, so will
> > > you change to perl (the var/string handling in shell loses in this case).
> >
> > Why not have dexter generate the list at runtime based on the files in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers?
>
> Sounds even better to me.

Let me mull this over.  Sounds good except that it's a little more complex
because of the legacy 3.x servers supported on alpha and i386 (only,
fortunately).

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Murphy's Guide to Science:
Debian GNU/Linux                |    If it's green or squirms, it's biology.