XFree86 4.0.1 and libGLU status update

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 02:38:16AM -0700, Seth Arnold wrote:
> * Gordon Heydon <gjheydon@bigfoot.com> [001013 20:20]:
> > but what about the libGLU and libGL libraries? don't you need those. At
> > the moment I have the Utah ones is that enough.
>
> Well, yes, you do. XF86 4.0.1 currently provides libGL. Shortly they
> will begin providing libGLU. (It is a technical issue -- it is the only
> file in their distribution that uses C++.)

Some news from ALS; I spoke to David Dawes about this.  It will definitely
happen.  He has a patch from someone, he just needs to clear out his
backlog, check it for problems, and commit it.  Give him a little time, and
me a little more.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   A celibate clergy is an especially good
Debian GNU/Linux                |   idea, because it tends to suppress any