Re: xlibs 40.1-0phase2v13 break xawtv

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 01:56:02AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 01:03:36AM -0400, Decklin Foster wrote:
> > Robert Vollmert <rvollmert@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> > > Error: XtMakeGeometryRequest - parent not composite
> >
> > Actually, this is not just happening with xawtv, but any xaw menu.
> > It appears to be an upstream problem; send your report there.
>
> Are you using phase2v13?  If not, please try it, because:
>
>  732. Fixed handling of XtMakeGeometryRequest() to test for parent
>       belonging to subclass of composite class only if the widget
>       itself is managed. This follows the specs more closely.
>       (Keith Packard).
>
> If you already are using v13, then it is possible the client is coded
> wrongly.  Or maybe Keith messed up (possible, but unusual).

I am running

kernel-2.4.0-test9
x phase2v13
xawtv 3.22

and I don't experience any problems watching tv.

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------