Re: Need help with strange ldd output

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 09:06:25AM +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Yann Dirson <ydirson@altern.org> writes:
> >
> > However, lintian still complains about non-PIC code, although all appears
> > to work well.
> >
> > If someone wants to look, I uploaded the "allegro" package, and it is now
> > in incoming.
>
> It links to libXxf86dga and libXxf86vm which seem to be available only
> in non-PIC ".a" form, unless that's changed since xlib6g 3.3.6-6 which
> is all that's on my system at the moment.

No, they continue to be available only as static libraries, because there
is no official API for them.

(libXfont and libXrender should not have shared versions, either, but they
do in current phase2 .debs; I'll turn this off when I find the correct
config/cf/Imakefile gizmo.)

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |             //     // //  /     /