Re: [raul@usatoday.com: asd]

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 10:09:20PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Please upgrade to v10; I think there is something in xfree86-common that
> err, addresses your bug report.

Ok, thanks for helping me find the bug report instructions.

Since this feels like a packaging problem (behavior changed between
v5 and v9), and since you did me the favor of forwarding the
report to debian-x, I'm going to presume that it most likely is
a packaging problem.

If anyone can point me at copies of v6, v7, and v8, I'd be happy to
try each, in turn, to see at what point the problem starts happening.

Otherwise, the only clues I can think of are:

[1] I've had my permedia act up like this (blanking display entirely,
need to reboot to restore), occasionally, before.  My impression was that
this was a race condition, where I was switching consoles while X was in
the middle of configuring my card.  [But it's never been this consistent.]

[2] In xdm.log, the odd message:
xdm error (pid 524): SetPerClientControls failed

I don't think I've seen this error message before.

Thanks,

--
Raul