Re: READ THIS; Debian XFree86 4.0.1 mini-FAQ

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 03:40:03AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> * The Mesa problem (specifically, the lack of libGLU.so) really has to
>   be sorted out upstream if Debian is going to have a sensible handling
>   of Mesa in our distribution.  Alternatively, I can stop shipping the
>   Mesa stuff altogether in the XFree86 packages until support is ready,
>   but this will pretty much leave DRI out of the picture.  I'd appreciate
>   feedback on doing this.  The XFree86 versions of the Mesa and OSMesa
>   libraries can be added into woody at a later date without causing any
>   real disruption.  I'd appreciate feedback on the possibility of
>   releasing 4.0.1-1 (or 4.0.2-1, or whatever) without the XFree86 version
>   of Mesa.

If you do this, then please give fair warning because I want to be sure to
hold back on upgrading my packages.  Although this stuff is experimental
and all, it has been working so wonderfully for me and my G400 that I have
been happily using woody/XF4 as my primary development environment for
C++/OpenGL.  Needless to say, DRI is very important to me.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <thomas.vaughan@nssl.noaa.gov>
CIMMS/NSSL, Norman, OK, USA