[jkc120@home.com: xshm not ready yet in phase2 debs?]

----- Forwarded message from Josh Carroll <jkc120@home.com> -----

From: Josh Carroll <jkc120@home.com>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: xshm not ready yet in phase2 debs?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:42:00 -0700

Hi Branden,

Sorry to bug you directly, I wasn't sure what the procedure is for these
pre-unstable debs. I'm getting a couple of errors, and was wondering if they
were known issues with the current xfree4 phase2 debs:

1) I see a LOT of this in .xsession-errors:

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages

2) I get this warning when I change Enlightenment themes:

You seem to be running Enlightenment over a network Connection or on an
X Server that does not support Shared Memory, or you have disabled MIT-SHM
Shared memory in your Imlib configuration. This means the Enlightenemtn Pager
will perform slowly and use more system resources than it would when Shared
Memory is available.

Is this because some of the package (imlib, etc) are still not properly
integrated with the new xfree4 debs, or is this another issue, in which case
who do I contact?

Thanks, and please forward me to the correct person/list to contact if you're
not the one to bug about this.

Josh

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson            |            Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux               |            mark with chalk,