DPMS in r128?

 DPMS used to not work in `xserver-rage128', and at first not in
 `xserver-svga' either.  At some point, a patch was applied to
 `xserver-svga' that caused DPMS to begin working.

 With `xserver-xfree86' and the `r128' driver, I again have no DPMS.
 I'd sure like the montitor to shut off when I'm not using it.  Is
 there a discrete patch already created that can fix this?  If not,
 how difficult do you think it will be for me to try and create a
 patch for you?  Is it as simple as pasting a function from one file
 to another, or will it require more intimate knowledge of the
 internals?  Without having ever looked at the X sources, can it be
 done in an afternoon, or should I just wait for yous to get to it?

 Branden, I'm aware that you are hard at work each day patching up
 XFree86-4.0.1 for us.  Take your time and do it right; this note is
 just a ToDo item, not a screaming demand for service.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@debian.org>