X4.0.1 crashes

Hi!
I know this might not be the correct place to ask about this, but I'll
try. Feel free to ignore or flame me, or better tell me where to go with
this issue. Here goes:
Ever since I installed XFree86 4.0.1 for the first time (from a source
tarball, I'm now using Brandens phase2v7) the X server crasches from time
to time. Since I'm running xdm it comes right back up in no time, but it's
damn annoying since all work gets discarded. When looking in my daemon.log
I find that this thing happens at the exact time of the crash every time:

Sep 20 16:56:08 v5b206 gnome-name-server[16037]: input condition is: 0x11,
exiting

Has anybody else experienced this? All kinds of help is extremely
appreciated.
If anybody knows where the gnome-name-server belongs (which package), or
who maintains it, please tell me or feel free to forward my email to the
maintainer.

Regards,

//Anders Berg