Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:45:46 +1100
From: Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
To: branden@debian.org
Subject: X4 phase 2 packages issue ...

Hi,

Just attempting to apt your X4 phase 2 debs, and there seems to be an
issue regarding xlib6g-dev. As xlibs-dev is replacing it, shouldn't
it provide xlib6g-dev? dselect wants to trash half of my packages
because they depend on xlib6g-dev (eg. libgtk1.2-dev, gstep-xgps0-dev,
tk8.3-dev etc).

Also, I have noticed that some of the packages you mention that are having
problems with libxpm4 depend directly on xpm4g rather than libxpm4, so
some of these problems could be fixed by making xlibs provide xpm4g.
This won't work for packages with versioned dependancies on xpm4g,
however, which include most of the packages that apt/dselect want to
remove ... :(

Thanks,

Timshel

--
   Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>  for Debian email: <timshel@debian.org>
    Second year Computer Science, RMIT   |   CS108 Tutor (Semester 2, 2000)

----- End forwarded message -----