xfree4 vs. gdm: sessreg?

First, THANK YOU for the Xfree4 packages.  I upgraded just a half hour ago and
everything is working great.

Second, there's a small incompatibility between "*-0phase2v4" and gdm.
In /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default I find:

  /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -l $DISPLAY $USER

Unfortunately, there is no "sessreg" program in the Xfree4 packages.
This prevented gdm from logging in until I commented out the call to
sessreg.  Anything involving session management could have security
issues, so I figured it was important enough to report.

(And shouldn't $DISPLAY and $USER have quotes around them?  But of
course that's a gdm bug, if so.)

PS: I don't subscribe to debian-x, so please cc any replies to me.
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>