Re: Tried X 4 - doesn't work

Jean-Philippe Guerard <fevrier@voyageurs.ddts.net> writes:
> I am trying to set up X 4, but the xf86cfg
> program end up with an error message,

It seems I have exactly the same problem here. At least my log output
from xf86cfg is almost identical to yours: Many unresolved symbols in
.../modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o and--just before the end of the file--
these lines:

|         This should not happen!
|         An unresolved function was called!
|
| Fatal server error:

Are there any known problems with Voodoo3 video cards (I've got a
Voodoo3 2000) that could have something to do with it? Or do I (we) need
some extra 3dfx-related files in addition to the phase2v4-debs?

TIA
jojo

--
Okay, Okay -- I admit it. You didn't change that program that worked
just a little while ago; I inserted some random characters into the