Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 12:38:29AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> This is mainly what I'm getting it.  xterm is actively maintained these
> days, and what's more, its maintainer seems to really care about i18n
> issues.  He's applied dozens of patches from Markus Kuhn, who's heavily
> into Unicode support on Linux.  Indeed, AFAICT xterm is superior to or on
> par with the development pace of any other terminal program in use.  This
> pace has been masked by the fact that most people don't know that you can
> get xterm separate from the XFree86 tree, which releases quite slowly.

Of course, xterm feels really clunky compared to many of those - it doesn't
have the fancy graphics of the Eterm, or the tabbed windows of Powershell.
In fact, the only reason I'm using an xterm right now is that Unicode
support, and it's left me wishing for UTF-8 support in another terminal.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu