Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:38:01PM -0500, branden@debian.org wrote:
> [1] I don't know if this specific example is correct.  To the beast of my
> limited knowledge, Han is the Chinese character set, Hangul is Korean, and
> Japan has at least three: Hirigana, Katakana, and Kanji.  I have no idea
> what the Vietnamese character set is called.

VISCII. Since it's a 8-bit character set that's a subset of Unicode, it's
little different from handling any other Latin-script language. (Except -
VISCII puts letters in C1 control section, and a couple into the C0 control
section.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu