Re: Updating policy

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 07:17:02AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Oh, good! That means we need special arrangements only for other libs, those
> > that didn't use dh_shlibdeps in potato. I wonder what's the easiest way to
> > find them... grepping Lintian lab?
[...]
> This could conceivably have false negatives though (if a source package uses
> dh_shlibdeps for some other binary package, but not the library it generates).
>
> It's also quite possible other packages that are not built with
> debhelper already run dpkg-shlibdeps on shared libraries on their own.

Uh, you guys are losing me really quickly.

XFree86 3.3.6 and earlier called dpkg-shlibdeps "by hand".

I'm using debhelper for XFree86 4.0.1.  Despite the big major version
number change, only two shared libraries in X have incremented their
version number in the meantime.

XFree86 3.3.6		XFree86 4.0.1

libXext.so.6.3		libXext.so.6.4
libXaw.so.6.1		libXaw.so.6.1
			libXaw.so.7.0

(Yes, 4.0.1 ships two versions of libXaw.  See
<http://www.debian.org/~branden/MANIFEST>.)

If you guys could tell me what I need to do to manage this transition, I'd
appreciate it.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                |   "Then how could astronauts walk around