Re: autodectection of modules at boot time

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 09:16:13PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> It will require modifications of all window manager packages. But it'll be
> worth it -- when you install several window managers at once, it will be
> able to generate a list of them and present it to the user to select the
> default. If you remove the default window manager, you'll see the list again
> and be asked to pick a new default.
>
> The ispell packages are pioneering this use of debconf, the situation with
> window managers will be similar.

Just tell me when.  During the freeze I plan to get the virtual packages
and alternatives for x-window-manager and x-terminal-emulator crammed down
everyone's throat.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   The noble soul has reverence for itself.