Re: Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't switch to text console on potato

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 09:14:31PM -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
[...]
> I should have done this before sending mail to the list, but: I tried
> a few other window managers, on the theory that the one I was using
> was "stealing" that keystroke (although I would imagine that the X
> server gets first crack at the keystrokes ... I dunno).  Anyway, there
> was no difference when I used `flwm'.
[...]
> But I noticed something else -- after logging out, with the xdm login
> prompt on the screen, I *could* switch to a text console with
> Ctrl+Alt+F1.  I think I'll try again with some more window managers ...

Key sequences that the X server interprets are never passed to clients.
That includes window managers.

If you aren't running the X server on vt1, then CTRL-ALT-F1 should take you
to that VC.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    Please do not look directly into laser