xfree-1_3.3.4-2 for m68k

Hi folks,
I have some problems with xfree86-1_3.3.4-2 on m68k, the package builds fine
(with my usual patches), installs fine, runs fine? Nope, X comes up, I get an
xdm login but after I log in, I get back to the xdm login, or, when I try to
run startx, X fails with a strange error message. In .xsession-errors I find:

There are 3 pointer buttons defined.

    Physical        Button
     Button          Code
        1              1
        2              2
        3              3

/var/log/xdm.log says:
[Standard xfree output deleted]
bpp = 8, depth = 8, BitsPerRGB = 8
(--) FBDev: Using cfb8 driver
Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback

I dont know what to do with that warning (is it serious?), found it in the
source here, obviously but didnt dig further:
lib/Xt/Callback.c:              "Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback",

The problem disappears when I downgrade xlibg6g to the -1 version.

Changes in my system:
- I finally upgraded to the new xfonts packages (xfree86-2)
  but I dont recall any problems, x is working fine when I downgrade xfree-1
- m68k has changed standard C compiler, the new xfree has been built with
  egcc, the previous (and working) one with gcc (which is now available as
  gcc272). If xfree uncompatible with egcc on m68k? Trying to prove it...

If somebody wants to test this himself, I can put the debs somewhere, if you
want.

Ciao,
Christian.