Re: Packages that need X startup scripts

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 18:51:11 GMT, Zygo Blaxell <pmkfleqm@umail.corel.com> wrote:
>I've been looking at packages that need to modify the X session
>in order to work.

(hmmm...nobody replied, so I will ;-)

I think diversions do what I want in this case.  I simply dpkg-divert
the existing Xsession file, then replace it with an Xsession that does
what I need it to do and then execs the original file at the end.

Advantages:

	dpkg-divert supports arbitrary levels of diversion

	no shell-script surgery required

	no extra overhead for anyone who doesn't install a package that
	needs the support.

Disadvantages:

	only works on Debian.  Darn.  ;-)

--