xfree 3.9.16 ...

Hello, ...

i tried this week end to build a 3.9.16 debian package, using the 3.3.5 debian
directory. I removed all the patches, set the install directory to
/usr/X11R6.4, and it built fine, but all the create-... stuff need to be
reworked, to install in the new directory, and also some package content where
changed, and new packages where created.

Solving this is quite some work, and i don't have much time for it right now.

Is debian interrested in a 3.9.x serie of X server ? what would be the correct
way to implement it ? I noticed that if you build a static server, and point
/etc/X11/Xserver to it, it works fine. Also the dynamic server installed in
/usr/local/X11R6.4 worked fine once i pointed Xserver to it. It would cause a
problem in packages names (i appended xf4- to them) and compatibility between
the two packages (i put a Provides: line to point to the 3.3.x package, is this
right ?)

Is any one interrested in working on this with me ? Branden, what is your
opinion on this, as official X maintainer ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER

N.B. how comes i subscribed two times to this list and never receive mail from
it ?