Re: Problems compiling xfree 3.3.5 under slink...

Moin,
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Martin Fluch wrote:

> I'm currently trying to compile xfree 3.3.5 under slink. The compilation
> goes fine for over 1 1/2 hour, but then I get the following result. Does
> anyboddy know, why the compilation fails and/or how to fix this?
AFAIR there are two changes necessary when compiling under slink (I guess
you are talking about i386 here?).

First slink uses glib2.0, potato uses 2.1, you have to edit debian/rules,
there is a line DEFAULT_LIBC6_MINOR=1 or something, change that to =0.

Second you need linux-2.1 headers installed, I think that fixes the pty
problem (ie usr/src/linux/asm linux and scsi have to point to a real
linux-2.1 (or 2.2) kernel source, or use the kernel-headers package somehow).

Ciao,
Christian.