upcoming changes in the website this weekend (GR non-free-firmware)

Hello Web team and Language teams,

With the release of Debian 12 bookworm this weekend, we'll put in place the changes needed in the website to reflect the decision made in "General Resolution: non-free firmware" [1]

[1] https://www.debian.org/vote/2022/vote_003

For us (website) this roughly means to remove text about "non official images with firmware" and add "non-free-firmware" when "non-free" is mentioned.

The web team has been working on the changes in the English pages in this branch:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/tree/GR-non-free-firmware

(more detailed info in bug #1030009
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1030009 )

When we merge it during this weekend (Saturday UTC evening or so), a lot of localised web pages will become outdated. I'll try to care about translations as much as I can, but if you want to help, you can see the files affected and changes here:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/compare/master...GR-non-free-firmware?from_project_id=27155&straight=false

If you'd like to advance work in syncing your translations, I suggest committing changes in the GR-non-free-firmware branch, without updating the translation-check header. When I merge the branch, I would update commit-hashes with the actual reference.

Other option is to plan some time on Saturday UTC evening or Sunday to do the changes after the branch is merged. You can keep an eye on #debian-www or the commit log, as in every (point) release, to know when the website is being prepared for Debian 12.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona