Unknown certificate issuer of archive.debian.org

Hi,

Yesterday, when I opened https://archive.debian.org, I was getting "SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN" error in Firefox. archive.debian.org was using www.debian.org's cert. Someone in #debian-mentors IRC channel pointed that even if I would open the URL by accepting risk and continue, it wouldn't open the desired website. And this happens when a web server just isn't configured for https with correct host name.

Today, I tried once again to open the URL, now I'm getting different error message: "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER". archive.d.o's certificate is issued by unknown issuer. Is this expected?

Cheers,
Vipul