Re: New Account Registration

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 9:33 PM Gabriel Gutierrez wrote:

> I was instructed by https://www.debian.org/devel/website/using_git to request by email write access to the website source code. I don't intend to push changes to the source repository, but I am interested in software development using debian as my base. Albeit new to the community, I don't have any formal background on any preexisting platform.

If you don't intend to modify the Debian website, then you don't need
write access to the website source code, you can just check it out
locally using the git commands mentioned on the wiki page.

> Given my intention to clone a local copy of the Debian 11 distribution to begin my project, I figure I should follow the advice and introduce myself before obtaining a personal copy of your OS. My registration ID is gutierrezkineticsgroup.

You can obtain and install Debian from our download page, no
permission or introduction is needed to do that:

https://www.debian.org/download

If you are thinking about creating a new distribution based on Debian,
I would encourage you to contribute to Debian instead of creating a
new distribution. There are many different ways to help out:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

--
bye,
pabs