User Debian 10

Greetings dear!

For 1 year I installed Debian 10 Buster but I was hacked causing the computer to turn off, it also makes it even more expensive than normal (Debian is very heavy and slow in operation) and I do not see that the operating system is safe against hackers, I downloaded several antivirus but they are not effective, I cannot find the program "malware, trojan, worm, ..."; that makes you hesitate to install another operating system; I think it is not 100% reliable against security, the help or documentation of the system does not help much because there are gaps, cracks, gaps, ...
I hope they improve the quality of security in l browsing websites, downloading, viewing, ... In detecting and filtering any security threat.
Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience.