Re: Suggestion

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, 2021-02-19 at 21:42 -0600, Carlos Méndez wrote:
> Hello, I have made the modifications on the web page, I can summarize
> it in 3 changes:
> - The search form was aligned vertically (taking into account the
>   max-height) to make them more homogeneous with the navigation bar.
> - (classic) style was added to form elements, to make them look the
>   same independent of the browser (in firefox they were completely
>   disproportionate)
> - Color was added to the download button, to give it more visual
>   weight, because it is an important element on the site.
>
> You can access the site at: https://carloschanmendez.github.io/test/
>
> I sincerely hope that you like the changes, they are small, but I
> think that sometimes the small details are important too.

I think your changes improve Debian's home page very nicely, so let's
try to get them included.

First a few formalities:

* are you subscribed to the debian-www mailing list? You might want to
  do that, because when emails appear on the debian-www mailing list,
  people will as a rule only reply to the mailing list and not realize
  that you might not be subscribed and so you might not see their
  replies. For example Calim McConnell's email below that went to
  the mailing list only, without a Cc to you. You can subscribe
  yourself to the mailing list here:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/

* it *might* be better form to write text emails only (not emails that
  contain both HTML and text). However that's not a hard rule I guess
  and it *might* be useful to use HTML in case you need to transport
  visual stuff (which you do not in this particulare instance).