Re: broken link

Hi Shane,

在 2020-04-02星期四的 12:55 +1100,Shane Byron写道:
> This link
>
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u12_amd64.deb
>
> on https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/libssl1.0.0/download
>
> Is broken.
>
> Thought I'd report it since both
>
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u11_amd64.deb
>
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u12_amd64.deb
>
> are directly linked around stackoverflow, etc. and it's a dead end.

The link of
http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u12_amd64.deb
is working for me, both on my cellphone and Debian desktop machine. The one of
deb8u11 is indeed not working since it has been replaced by the new deb8u12
version. Could you provide more information about not able to access the
deb8u12 deb file on your side?

On the other hand, it's not reliable to post the direct link to deb file on
sites like stackoverflow. New security releases for software like openssl
could come out at any time and the old deb file will be purged and replaced by
the new one. A better way would be using the directory link first and point
out files with certain patterns. The best way is to configure the Debian
system properly and directly install using "apt-get install" or "apt-get
upgrade".

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang